What a nice surprise during this rainy week!
Poorwa nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I’ve been nominated once before, and it put such a smile on my face, and now, here we are again. 😊
The Sunshine Blogger Award “is a peer recognition of the inspiring, creative and motivational work done by bloggers. It is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.”
If you have been nominated:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Here are Poorwa’s questions for me:
What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
Maybe shad roe? Or escargot? I have a pretty adventurous palate, and I don’t really get weirded out by food. That being said, the one thing I refused to try when we were in Iceland was hákarl, the famous fermented shark. I’ve seen how people react when it hits their tongues. No thank you.
What is something true to you that nobody agrees with you on?
Mayonnaise is imminently superior to ketchup.
Do you care about what other people tell you?
I care very deeply about my friends and family, and if they come to me with a problem, or they need advice, or they just need to vent, I’m here, always. I don’t really care so much what people say about me. I hope people like me and respect me, but what other people think of me is ultimately none of my business.
If you could meet anyone in this world today, who would you meet?
Dolly Parton. She is life goals.
What is the greatest risk you have ever taken?
I left a secure career in Human Resources to focus on my writing and other creative work. It hasn’t worked out exactly how I thought it would, but it has certainly worked out, and it is among the best decisions I’ve ever made.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
I can’t stand it when people are rude to servers in restaurants. Be nice or don’t dine out.
Who’s your all-time favorite Disney character?
Oh, this one’s tough! I really like Belle, Mulan, and Tiana. Strong, smart women for the win!
Are you afraid of ghosts?
Nope! I find ghosts and haunted places fascinating. Disconcerted, maybe? But not scared.
If you were given the chance to steal something, what would it be?
The Book of Kells. I love illuminated manuscripts! But I couldn’t store it and maintain it safely, and it would deteriorate, so I probably couldn’t bring myself to do it, even if I had the chance.
If you could use only one social media platform for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Probably either Facebook, since that’s how I keep up with a lot of people in this very busy world, or Instagram, since I really love photography and man, there are some great photographers on Instagram.
What do you usually do during weekends?
It depends. If we decide to stay in, I like to read, maybe watch a movie, cook something tasty and just hang out with Graham. If we go out, I like to explore the countryside and find neat antique shops and good craft beer and cider.
Super fun! I nominate:
Anyone who wants to participate!
I am so inspired by this amazing community of creators, so if you find yourself intrigued by my questions, feel free to answer them!
And my questions for you:
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
- Cheeseburgers or hot dogs? (And why?)
- The beach or the mountains? (And why?)
- Do you collect anything? If so, what?
- What’s your favorite family tradition?
- What do you look for in a friend?
- What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
- Who inspires you?
- What’s your favorite song? (And why?)
- How do you wind down at the end of the day?
- Why do you write (or paint, take photos, etc. Just generally, if you create, why do you do it)?